All About Throw Pillows
Updated: Apr 2, 2020
Here are some designer tips on how to change your space with just throw pillows. Throw pillows can add a feeling of softness, brightness, and enhancement to any space (living room, bench in a hall, bedroom, sitting room, patio and many more rooms).
1. Number of Pillows: Use odd numbers; as designer's we like to use odd numbers to create more of an artistic completeness and, also, to complete the scale and balance of the room.
2. Size: Pillows come in all different sizes. For sofas we often use two 24" x 24", one 14" x 24" (and if needed add two 22" x 22"). For bed pillows, see our post How to Make your Bed Like a Pro.
3. Texture: Don't forget to vary the texture of your pillows. Use velvet, embroidery, linen, silk, and/or sequin to add more interest to your room.
4. Style: Patterned or solid fabric. If you have a room with lots of art and design going on, you would want to layer solid pillows to accent. If you have a room with a lot of windows or cabinets, then you would need a pattern to add more interest to your room.
5. Color: Color is coming back. Use colorful pillows to add interest to your solid sofa, or solid bedding.
Stop by our showroom to see our beautiful throw pillows. The Design Source, 3644 Highway 6, Sugar Land, TX 77478.